Monkeys on the Bed

Unhappy Leah

Sunday, June 16, 2013

Father's Day Tribute

I can't say that I ever had a "dad" to wish a Happy Father's Day to, but in some ways that was the biggest blessing I could have ever asked for. It definitely made me know what I was looking for in a father for my children. There were better stand in dads than I could have ever asked for, and for that I am forever grateful. Thanks Grandpa, Denny Miller, and Fred. You all did a pretty fantastic job of raising a daughter out of the kindness of your hearts. Sadly, there are fathers that I miss like crazy today. Norman Sipe, you were the best example of what a Daddy should be for me growing up. Your legacy will live forever because of the way you loved your kids. Bill Fults, you were a super amazing step dad to Wade and Shawn. You were a true example of loving children like they were your own. You always treated me and Kim as if we were your daughters. Not to mention, you were the very best Papaw on the face of the planet. I sure will miss your sense of humor. I hope you two are enjoying your first Father's Day together in Heaven. As crazy as he makes me, my boys' dad has modeled the value of a good work ethic and loving your children the best way you know how to my sons. Finally, onto the most important "Daddy" in my life, my husband Shawn. You really are the most amazing father and step-father in the world. You love all four of our kids with the same gentle guidance. You're the best Daddy to our little girls. The dance parties in the living room and your inability to tell them no are proof. So anyway, for a girl with no Daddy, I sure do have a lot of them to thank. I'm beyond blessed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment