Monkeys on the Bed

Unhappy Leah

Monday, May 2, 2011

My Mission Statement Part 2

Reasons to Make Our Home Our Haven

1.To have a haven worthy of God’s presence. To have a place to meet with the Lord peacefully, and in love, with my family. To have time to read His Word, pray, and listen to what He has to say about our life.

2. To give my husband a soft spot to land upon his return from the stress and mess of work.

3. To give my children a safe and warm place to grow, play, love, live, and learn to “work it out”. To set an example for them of how we are supposed to be stewards of our corner of the world.

4. To have a comfortable place for my family and myself. To let go of perfectionism and love myself, so I can love my family. To not feel defeated, or lazy, or unworthy of a clean home. To stop my negative self talk and move forward with life. To respect my family and myself enough to know that we deserve a tidy home.

5. To  enjoy “keeping” our home. To know that whatever I can do IS enough. To end procrastination. To have stress free time to enjoy the people and activities that I love.

6. To be able to invite family and friends into our home without being ashamed or worrying about what they might be thinking.

7. To have the time and energy to achieve other goals for myself and my family. To have the desire to do for others. To model giving to my children.

8. To finally stop surviving and start living.
I CAN DO THIS!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment