Monkeys on the Bed

Unhappy Leah

Monday, May 2, 2011

My Mission Statement

Each day of this book has a Mary challenge and a Martha challenge. Today the Martha challenge was to browse the book and gather supplies needed to complete the challenges for the other days. The Mary challenge was a bit more difficult. We were supposed to figure out why we wanted a tidy house and then write our own mission statement. I guess I never really thought about that before today. I mean, of course to keep the bugs and other critters at bay. And so no one calls CPS. Other than that, I really wasn't sure. I was raised in a clean but cluttered home. That is my normal. So that made me think. Do I want my children to live in dirty (cluttered, not filthy) homes when they grow up because that's what I had made their normal? Do I want them to argue with their spouse over household duties? Do I want them to play the martyr like I have for so long? Do I want them to be embarrassed about the condition of their homes? Do I want them to stress and procrastinate over keeping their houses? The answer to all of those questions is absolutely not. So on to writing my mission statement. I'll share mine in the next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment